The Ear needs An Ear Too.


I may be that friend that you always run to:
I may be the forever shoulder to cry on.
Have you ever thought- that I need one too?
Or that someday, the supporting pillar may fall?

I have problems too!, I'm human as well.
And though the lent ear can't speak- I've so much I could tell.
Though through the years, I've bottled it up;
Learnt to put a sweet façade and look like I give no cr*p.

Do you not see that past the strong marble walls
Is brittle, cracking glass, or must you wait till it falls?
Can you not hear, me silently screaming for you?
Or are You, like the rest, stuck up and selfish too?

Is it too much to ask, that for this one time,
Instead of bawling to me, and waiting for my smile;
You could lend my heart an ear, and let me cry.
Or will you just assume, that I'm silent because I'm shy?

Should I cry you a river and let you swim in it:
Or should I scream in your ear till it splits.
Is it really that hard for you to, at least today,
Put your troubles aside and listen to me for a change.

Or is it too much of me to ask that of you:
Hear out that tiny beating truth.
"Friendship's a two way street"
Or shall you wait till my maker and I meet?

For you to finally realize that all along,
I have been humming a sad little song.
A song that begs you hear it's fervent words.
And heed it's sombre melancholic chords.

They've told you over and over again
"An endearing friend numbs the worst of pains"
And that when a good person cries,
It's not weakness and vulnerability on display
But strength finally crumbling: dismayed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Another Life